Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Surgery Alert (Complete with Random Blabbering!)

Lumpyhead's butthole embiggening has been moved ahead. (Yay!) To Friday. (oh.)

This is good, because sooner is better. It means we can start Lumpyhead back on solid food again soon, which will put him back on track on the growth charts and return him to the great land of Sleeping Through the Night, which will make Bump and me happier people. Or not. But at least the baby won't be constipated all the damn time.

Except, wow, Friday is really soon. And, oh yeah, Bump leaves on Friday for Detroit. A trip he's been looking forward to for months. A trip he doesn't have to go on, except that OF COURSE he has to go. He's going. I think.

Bump's mother will be around, so it's not like he's leaving me and Lumpyhead by ourselves. By the time Bump's flight leaves, Lumpyhead should be out of surgery. It's not like he can do anything more for me or Lumpyhead if he cancels his trip. He should totally still go. He's going. I think.

But he was already worried about how much he would miss the baby this weekend, and this development will make it even harder for him to leave. Crap, I'm sure he's torn about this. I hope he goes anyway. He's going. I think.

5 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Yay for the earlier surgery, but poor Bump! He must be a wreck.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo for the surgery. Now it will be you, not bump who gets to inaugurate the butthole keeper-opener. Lovely.

And I meant to reply to your e-mail (and Bump called yesterday to confirm), yes, we eagerly await Bump's mom at the Aunt Bob B&B.

Heather said...

That's great news that the surgery will be over and done with soon. No advice on whether Bump should go or not - I keep going back in forth in my head on what I would do. I am glad that his plane doesn't leave until after the surgery, because otherwise I would worry about you being at the hospital without him.

GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

i'll be sending healthy thoughts your way!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Did Aunt Bob just say "butthole keeper opener"?