Monday, March 06, 2006

More Weekend Leftovers

I went to a bridal shower for a friend on Saturday. It wasn't a scary shower in the sunroom of someone's lovely home where punch is served and the honoree is forced to wear bows on her head (thank god). It was dinner at a restaurant in Adams Morgan with a pre-set menu and wine pairings.

It was nice.

I got drunk.

Not teeheehee-I'm-a-little-tipsy drunk. That would have been cute. I was weave, weave, can't see; pass out in the cab; throw up in the toilet drunk.

I have no idea how that happened. (Sarah is right now shaking her head and vowing never, ever, to be seen with me. I'm losing friends before I meet them!) I'm not usually such a lightweight. I was telling Bump, I just had some wine with dinner.

And then I reviewed the evening.

Actually, I had both red and white wine with dinner. (2) Both were offered and encouraged because they paired differently with the main course risotto and pasta.

We started the evening with bubbly, before dinner was served. (3) How festive.

And they served bubbly again with dessert. (4) Luvly.

DeAnn was sitting across the table from me, and she's pregnant, so I drank her bubbly. (6) Becuzz Im helpfull like that.

After dinnerrr, wehad mor buhbully atthe bar. (8) WHAT? OMG, who? WOOO HOOO! and then, this one time. . . bubbly is funny. say it fast a bunch of timez-buhbullee, buhbullee, buhbullee-that's so FUNNY! wait, what were we talking about? Sure, I think wee neeeed more (9? huh? how many fingers do you have? are you counting your thumbs? hahaha, thumbs) Oh my god! the boys are here! Hello boys! You're cute. If I weren't married, and you weren't gay, I would totally try to date you. Annie is here! I LUUUV Annie. Isn't Annie great?

Somewhere along the line, one of the boys deposited my drunk ass into a cab. I muttered our address and gave vague directions about how to get there. Four blocks away from home, I realized I should be going to Aunt Bob's, so changed my destination in a flurry. The patient/confused cabbie let me out in front of a house he was convinced I just randomly selected, confirmed by the fact that I paid him and then sat on Aunt Bob's front stoop instead of going inside.

(Why? I don't know. I had to be reminded that I spent a half an hour on the front step instead of coming in the house.
Aunt Bob yesterday: Why did you sit out on the porch last night? You were like, 'come sit with me, come sit with me.'
Me: I sat out on the porch? Oh. Yeah.

Then I remembered. Aunt Bob was only wearing shirt sleeves and sat out there for like ten minutes to placate me. I heard someone ask from the dining room, "Is Shaneese coming in, or is she gonna stay out there all night?" The question was posed in such a way that I'm pretty sure the asker preferred I stay out there. The asker was probably Bump.

5 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Wrong - now I want to drink AND EAT with you. Mmmmmmm Risotto.

Mom101 said...

I'm laughing out loud. Shaneese! And I'm also a little jealous - a drunken night with good friends and cute gay boys in Adams-Morgan sounds fabulous to me.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Okay, you, me and Mom101 - we'll go drinking in Adams-Morgan.

(as soon as you are ready to drink again)

Peter said...

Sounds like fun, I'm glad I read lumpy heads blog, he types giggling "lumpy head makes me laugh

Lumpyheadsmom said...

I'm in.