Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Blog Tired

So. Very. Sleepy.

I haven't slept enough recently. (Ha. Do any parents sleep enough?) I have a hard time falling back asleep after pumping in the morning, so I'm often up earlier on the weekends than I'd like. I try to go to bed at a reasonable hour, but blew it bad this weekend. I never really caught up, and was up too late last night.

I've been running on fumes yesterday and today, and I just came this close to falling asleep in the middle of a sentence. I was the one speaking. To others. Yikes.

My mistake? Girl scout cookies. A former colleague hooked me up, and I couldn't resist breaking into the Samoas. I ate three. Caught a sugar buzz. Went into a meeting. Hit the wall. HARD.

I'm so tired, I might bow out of the State of the Union drinking game tonight. (What am I talking about? Aunt Bob would never allow it.) We play a different version than this, but you get the general idea. My first year on the Hill I got the extra office ticket and was actually able to attend the address, in the chamber. Very cool. Since then, an Asian woman in a blue suit merits a "finish your beer" in our version of the game. We now have Doris Matsui and Elaine Chao to watch for, so here's hoping one of you ladies choose blue tonight!

A few weeks ago, I was so tired I fell asleep at a red light. It was just for a millisecond, but it scared the bejezus out of me. If you're in the DC area and about to head home, beware the napping woman in a green Honda Civic. Honk if you like.

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Green Honda Civic - noted.