Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Bump thinks my beach hat is stupid. I’d been calling it my Stupid Hat most of the week until Jack reminded me that s-t-u-p-i-d is a bad word. Since then, I’ve been frantically checking around for children before mentioning my Stupid Hat.

We spent our last morning in Maine on the beach. Lumpyhead fell asleep in the stroller on the 600-yard walk, and slept on a towel in the sand. I walked down to the cheesy shops to buy a new Stupid Hat and apparently decided I needed some sunglasses that make me look like I’m recovering from glaucoma surgery. Stupid or not, I think they will be perfect for our beach trip at the end of the month, and together they cost less than twenty bucks.

I had a corn dog for lunch.

The flight back to DC was fine, except that I spent most of the flight holding a sleeping, stinky baby. Over Boston, Lumpyhead decided he needed to poop but was having trouble doing so, dooming Bump and me to some contortionist bullshit in the airplane bathroom. We brought the sweaty baby back to our seats where he pooped some more and promptly fell asleep after exerting himself so, leaving us to wallow in the stank. Good times.

But, we’re home now, which is nice. Lumpyhead is asleep in his own bed, and hopefully will sleep through the night without waking up every three hours.

Tomorrow I’ll be back in the office, which will I expect to suck. I will miss the boy, but at least I’ll be able to catch up on my blog reading. I may post some photos from the Maine trip.

Oh, and tomorrow is Bump's birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Bump, Happy birthday to Bump...