Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year, Welcome Back to Work

It's my first day back at the office, and boy howdy am I busy.

Ahem. Not really.

It is nice to be back. The office is quiet, as a lot of my colleagues are still out, and I haven't heard this much silence in months. Ahhhh.

Also, I'm not sure what the optimal number of houseguests is. I can tell you that having two houseguests - if those two houseguests are grandparents who dote on your children and wash the dishes and prepare a meal or two - is a pleasant thing. Eight houseguests, however - when only half of them are adults - are too many. Way. Too many.

3 comments:

1A said...

Enjoy the quiet. Happy New Year!

Em said...

Yay! LHM is back at work. More posts!!

Violet said...

Grownup house guests who help with the housework and childcare are worth paying for!