Thursday, May 25, 2006

Weekend Word Challenge

Okay, I feel bad that I don't take part in the Weekend Word Challenge that Odd Mix has going. But honestly?

You know how, when you're watching something like Olympic gymnastics, you think, "Wow, that was really cool." While you admire the skill, never ever ever do you say, "Hey, I should try that! I could do a triple yuckity yuck somersault thingy off a vault."

That's how I feel about Weekend Word Challenge and the people who submit entries. It's really cool, but I never consider getting out my old-ass digital camera and making a go of it.

I can barely capture Lumpyhead the way I want (you know, with his hair full of squash or his finger up his nose), so the idea of capturing something meaningful or artistic is completely foreign to me. I curse the shutter lag and can't figure out how to use flash when I need it and take pictures of my fingers.

Shutter lag

No fill-in flash

Finger
I'm so hapless.

Maybe Odd Mix can give me a remedial pat-pat on the head and come up with a Weekend Word Challenge that would fit my photos ("Hapless"? "Mommy's a Moron"?). That way, I could take part!

I'm such a loser.

But if you're not as big a loser as I am, you should totally check out the WWC. And submit. Submit!

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

See, that is the beauty of digital. I take 800 pictures a day and four are good.

I take the same picture 20 times (I'm not exaggerating, ask Gabe) and then I pick the best one.

Actually, now that I think about it, my digital camera has made me kind of OCD.