Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Senator McConnell Might Do Really Well on The View

I got all indignant last night while reading the Post’s coverage of the state dinner at the White House, particularly while reviewing the guest list.

There was a good amount of “Seriously, America, this is the best we could do?” sputtering, as well as a small hissy fit over which part of a couple was listed first on the Post’s guest list.

Me: All’s I’m saying is that if I ever ascend to a Cabinet position, I want top billing.
Bump: You probably don’t have to worry about that with me.
Me: I wouldn’t be so sure. Are you going to become the host of The View any time soon?
Bump: I’m not going to watch The View any time soon.

Well, I guess that’s a relief.

7 comments:

merseydotes said...

I felt the same way. Notice that the Post didn't give Elizabeth's quarterback husband top billing. I guess that's cause they didn't do as well as Peyton and the Colts.

Em said...

Not only that, his name is Matt, not Timothy, unless there is something I don't know about Elizabeth, her marriage to NFL players named Hasselbeck. Not that I am paying attention...

SitDown.BeQuiet.ISaidNo... said...

Ohhhh why didn't they invite Rosie? What's the fun of a dinner party with everyone slobering love all over each other. Where's the debate then? Elisabeth Hasselbeck?? Blech.

Bump said...

It actually WAS Tim Hasselbeck, third-string journeyman QB now with the Giants--not Matt Hasselbeck, former Super Bowl starter for the Seahawks. They are brothers.

Clearly, Elizabeth is the more famous Hasselbeck in that relationship, hence the top billing, I presume.

Auntly H said...

See, had they told us which team Elizabeth's husband played for, there wouldn't be any scandalous rumors started by Em.

Since I don't follow these things (can I claim it's because I'm not in the country? They only update us on Paris Hilton's exploits.), is Condi dating the NFL dude?

Em said...

Thanks, Bump. I follow the NFL more than the View, but obviously not closely enough! Who takes their brother-in-law to the White House?

I liked it when Condi was dating Alec Baldwin's character on 30 Rock.

Devra said...

"Calvin Borel, jockey, 2007 Kentucky Derby winner, and Lisa Funk"

Is it just me, or does that sentence structure make it look like Calvin and Lisa were sharing the evening with a pair of underwear and a horse?