Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This One Goes to Eleven

According to my doctor's scale (which lies, obviously. LIES!) I have gained eleven pounds in the last month.

Eleven.

Clicking around the internet, I have seen belly photos of pregnant women ready to deliver any minute now who are smaller than me. Bump's cousin, who is due with her first baby in a few weeks, sent out belly photos last weekend and she is definitely smaller than me. Seriously, my belly laughs at her tiny tummy. My belly eats bigger things for lunch.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get a corn dog.

3 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Dude. One time I gained 11 pounds in two weeks. Fear not. It was right about my 24th week.

I blame girl scout cookies.

Mmm. Girl scout cookies.

Em said...

Doctor's scales always provide you with an inflated, or as they like to say, "accurate" reflection of your weight.

If you were fully dressed, not dehydrated, and wearing a belt then subtract 2 lbs for each. See only five pounds.

Pinterest Failures said...

Don't sweat it. I gained 14 lbs. in two weeks during the third trimester of my second pregnancy. I only gained 20 total in my first pregnancy so my doctor was VERY unhappy with me. I couldn't fight the ice cream.

Enjoy your corn dog.