Monday, November 27, 2006

Baby's First Booger

Well, I guess that's not entirely accurate. He's obviously had boogers before, but this was Lumpyhead's first of the Pick Your Own variety.

Bump and I are so proud.

Lumpyhead has been sticking his fingers in his nose for awhile, for no particular reason, other than they fit up there neatly. But this weekend, for the first time, he drew his finger out of his nose and it had something on it.

He happily brought the booger to Bump to show him, busily pointing to his newly mined treasure with his other hand.

So, U-Pick Baby Boogers. I'm so glad I have this blog to document these important milestones. Hope your Thanksgiving weekend was equally eventful.

4 comments:

E :) said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit! Ewww.

Reminds me of when my little brother had a booger collection behind his bed. I found it and chucked up. It was too gross. Nip the habit in the bud before it gets to that level. Trust me.

Violet said...

Will he start eating 'em? 'Cos kids do, y'know. My brother used to do it and I bring it up whenever I remember to (he's forty-something now).

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, E... what is it with little brothers and boogers? My little brother (who isn't so little anymore) had a booger box. My mother found it one day while cleaning his room and I thought she'd have a coronary right there. He's 31 now and we still don't let him live it down! Ick.

Anonymous said...

From the Damn Interesting link:

In the scientific and medical communities, the technical name for using one's finger to extract boogers is rhinotillexis, and doing so compulsively is termed rhinotillexomania. The act of eating the resulting harvest is called mucophagy.