Thursday, July 27, 2006

The "I'm Not Going To BlogHer So I'm Doing This Meme" Meme

Michele at Mommycakes tagged all us sad sacks who aren't getting on planes this afternoon.

1) What is the quality you most admire in a blogger?
A conversational writing style, when I can hear the author saying what he or she has written. It's a style I don't think I have mastered, but one to which I aspire. (Then I do dumb things like torture a clause so I don't end a sentence with a preposition. If I were speaking, I would say "it's something I aspire to." No, actually, I would mutter something like "I wish I could do that." I would never say the word "aspire." If I did, I would immediately snicker, "heh heh, I said 'ass'" and giggle a little. Because I'm a moron. Maybe the people who do this well just have better verbal grammar than I do. Or don't act like twelve-year olds.)

2) What is your most marked blogging characteristic (or, how would you describe your blog)?
Too many random-ass parentheticals

3) What is your greatest virtue as a blogger (what do you most like about your blog)?
An irreverent sense of humor

4) What do you regard as the principle defect of your blog?
I'm never as funny as I think I am.

5) What character of fiction do you most wish had a blog?
The Tick

6) What historical or real life person do you most wish had a blog?
My friend Buttmunch. It would be a lot like Mimi Smartypants, only funnier.

7) What is your present state of blog (present state of mind as a blogger)?
Pregnancy-induced dumbassness

8) What is your blog motto?
"Once the important stuff is covered, the rest is gravy."
It's my parenting motto, actually. Kid still alive? Well then, it's been a good day. Also, I really like gravy.

I'm (finally) tagging Daddy in a Strange Land, who I don't think is going to BlogHer either. Everyone else, consider yourself tagged if you want to. Um, I mean, if you want to consider yourself tagged. Or if you want. Oh hell.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're plenty funny.

You crck me up both in writing and in person.

Anonymous said...

Hm. Crack.

Freudian?

nonlineargirl said...

I struggle to just let that preposition deal slide. 'Cause who wants to read "I struggle to let slide that preposition deal"? Not even grammar-obsessed me.

Oh, and I'm pretty consistently amused by your writing.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to BlogHer, either. I think we should all go out for a drink together. Or...a conference call where we're all drinking.

daddy in a strange land said...

Wait...I'm not going to BlogHer? ;)

I'm sure everybody's read MetroDad's piece on why there will never be a BlogHim. But where's my convention for mixed-race Asian-American-progressive-educator-stay-at-home-dad-bloggers, huh?

Oh yeah. That's why I blog.

Cuz there aren't any others IRL. Heh.

daddy in a strange land said...

Okay, I'm done... :)