Saturday, February 04, 2006

Hell Week

I'm stuck at work today, and will probably work all day tomorrow. Next week is typically the busiest week of the year for our Committee.

This means a) I won't be blogging much, and b) I won't see much of Lumpyhead.

Blog? Whatever. But I miss Lumpyhead already, and it's only going to get worse. Last year I was pregnant during the crazy time, at the start of the "money" second trimester. I was no longer puking every day, I wasn't uncomfortably large, but I was big enough to warrant special pregnant lady treatment. As I've said before, politicos fall all over themselves for babies and babies-to-be, so a pregnant lady might as well have a "worship here" sign on her shirt (except she'd get kicked out of the House chamber).

I look forward to spending all day with Lumpyhead on Saturdays and Sundays, and feel a little cheated today. I resist going to sleep on weekdays, even when I'm exhausted, because I feel I'm cutting short our time together when I sleep.

So I miss the little guy. And Bump's not getting a break. And it's going to get worse before it gets better.

No comments: