Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Evolution of the First Birthday Party Invitation

For Lumpyhead's first birthday party, I made invitations by hand. I used a cardstock base and cut out tiny photos and embellished the big blue number one with a silver paint pen. The text made a lame joke about "Juan" and "one."

For Lula's first birthday party, I kind of forgot about the invitations until the last minute. I designed something quickly using a clipart photo of a cupcake, slapped the party details beside it, and printed it as a 4x6 photo from Target. Before I brought the envelopes to the post office, I emailed the invitees and told them about the party, giving them five days instead of two to plan to come.

Nathan Jr's birthday is in less than two weeks. I'm thinking Evite.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Nathan Jnr won't care, as long as the hats are interesting.