Thursday, May 21, 2009

Maybe They Were Sending Emails That Said "I'll Be Late. I'm Stuck in an Elevator That's Not Going Anywhere"

I boarded the elevator in the basement with two men. They appeared to know each other but didn't speak; once inside they elevator both started furiously typing on their blackberries.

When we reached my floor, I got off. They didn't.

I assumed we were all going to the same place, since neither of them pressed a floor.

How long you think they stood there, thumbs flying - after the door closed - before they realized one of them had to push a damn button for the elevator to move?

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Does a BlackBerry even work in an elevator? Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

They were probably blogging about their kids...
- Work Sarah

Anonymous said...

Now that is very odd...maybe they were texting each other. About you.

Violet said...

Sometimes I wait whole minutes for the elevator...before realising I haven't pushed the down/up button...

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

They were probably talking shit to each other about how there was no way they were getting off on the same floor as that tracer.


Ahhhh. Sometimes reading posts out of order really pays off.