Wednesday, January 10, 2007

If He Gets Asked "So How Was Your Christmas?" Do You Think People Believe The Answer?

I felt kinda bad for Tony Romo, but I really feel bad for this guy.

Granted, he shouldn't have been driving on a suspended license, but did he really deserve to be extradited to Maryland as a sex offender and get stuck there once MD authorities realized he wasn't the guy they thought he was? Talk about a rough couple of days.

I'm not sure what bothers me more: 1) the guy spent the holidays in jail because of a mistake, 2) Tennessee authorities complain that the guy didn't protest enough during extradition proceedings ("but I've never even been to Maryland" is apparently not good enough), or 3) after spending $2500 of the taxpayers' money to fly the guy to Maryland, no one will cough up the $88 for a bus ticket to get this poor sap home.

At least Tony Romo still has his job. I wonder if Mr. Rice (or Mr. Simpson or whatever his name is - maybe that can be straightened out in Texas) can hold a field goal?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would suck.

Anonymous said...

Wow!