Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Rabbit Rabbit

On Day One of every month, Aunt Bob likes to tell me "Rabbit Rabbit." If you're able to say it first, the phrase brings you good luck. Or something.

There are rules to Rabbit Rabbit. You can't Rabbit Rabbit someone via voicemail, email, or text. You have to say it to them. Telephone is okay, but in person is better. You can only Rabbit Rabbit people who know about Rabbit Rabbit, otherwise you look like an idiot.

Caller ID has done great things for the Rabbit Rabbit industry.

If you have questions, ask Aunt Bob about it. I have imparted upon you my full knowledge of Rabbit Rabbit.

***

Sarah and Devra are holding a contest over at Loser Moms. (It starts today, but I bet if you ask real nice they'll still let you participate.) I gave them $10 because I do whatever they tell me to, but I'm not completely committed to the program yet.

Here's the thing: there is no easy way to a smaller me. My lifestyle plus my metabolism equals my current weight. I can't change my metabolism. Can I change my lifestyle?

I recognize that many of my choices are not healthy ones. I drink a lot of my calories, I have a big appetite and really enjoy great food, and exercise is not my friend.

Is six weeks enough time to change my habits and see results? I dunno.

But Sarah and Devra told me to give them ten bucks, so I did. [Sarah: That's right, you heard me.] [Devra: Strongly agree.] [You: Oh my god, shut your yammering trap already.]

Ahem. That would be my fat yammering trap, thank you very much.

But I brought in a salad today for lunch. Rabbit food.

Rabbit Rabbit, indeed.

4 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

1) Yes, I am going to need more information on Rabbit Rabbit. Fortunately I will be seeing her on Thursday.

2) I'm starving. Already.

I'm not crazy, just well mixed! said...

Hey! Wait up for me!! I just have to get rid of this beach ball that has attached itself to my body first.

Violet said...

Salad. Every time I get a salad for lunch instead of a sandwich, I end up hungry again half an hour later...and buying a sandwich.

Aunt Bob said...

I think you have successfully stated all of the 'rules' to rabbit rabbit but you may have identified why I need caller ID.