Wednesday, October 03, 2012

At Least I Got a Corndog

Bump considered bringing Nathan Jr to the Nationals game this afternoon, but the cheap tickets dried up and he changed his mind. He opted to bring Nathan Jr in to have lunch with me instead.

But when Aunt Bob called with an extra ticket, he was sorely tempted. In the end, he decided he needed to run the errands he had put off this morning. He declined.

When we met for lunch, I tried to get him to go to the game. I offered to take Nathan Jr to Costco and pick up Lumpyhead and Lula from school.

"Really?" Bump said, looking at me as though I had just claimed I could move a pull-out sleeper sofa by myself.

"I'm not saying it would be without disaster," I clarified, "but I could do it."

I'm sure Bump weighed the attraction of an afternoon baseball game in the sun, with discount beer and no children, against the impending doom of me driving the van, trying to navigate a warehouse store with a sugar-saturated four-year-old, and picking up two children from elementary school.

Yeah, it would have been a shitfest of apocalyptic proportions.
We had a good lunch, though.

1 comment:

Violet said...

It must have been so tempting to go the childfree option. What a decent husband!