So! [brisk clap] On to more laundry questions.
4. Should we put laundry bins in the laundry room and adopt some elaborate (and clearly labeled, NATCH) system for pre-sorting? Or should we concede right now that the children will never follow the system - and we'll get lazy ourselves after about two weeks - and just put laundry bins in everyone's bedroom and sort when it's time to wash?
5. Do you wash gray stuff with lights or darks? This is killing me, Internet. I NEVER KNOW WHERE IT SHOULD GO.
6. How often do you do laundry? As needed? Once a day? Every Thursday? We're still adapting to having convenient laundry facilities and have kept to our old every-couple-of-weeks laundry schedule. It is interrupted only by 1) my mother's visits, when she does at least a load of laundry a day, because she loves to do laundry, which [shrug] what can you do? Or 2) the occasional catastrophic shit requiring immediate laundry intervention. It's awfully nice to have immediate and sole access to a washing machine for those little events, by the way.
7. Relatedly, when can we insist the children do their own laundry?
8. Can we make them do ours?
9. What should I do with all my quarters? I still have a HOARD ALL QUARTERS habit that I can't quite break (see Adjusting to Convenient Laundry Facilities, Failure to above). The change compartment in my car – the emergency go-to stash for quarters lo these many years – is so full it falls open when I hit a bump.
10. Anybody want to come to my house for a rousing game of Quarters or Speed Quarters or Chandeliers? No need to bring coins.